The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) made it compulsory that all principal agents must acquire a full qualification. This qualification covers all the required management, marketing, ethical, legal and financial skills necessary to manage a team of agents effectively. It is the first step in fulfilling the EAAB’s legal requirements (the other requirements are the passing of the Professional Designation Exam (PDE) and ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)).
The details for RPL and online learning are as follows:
- Average time commitment is 5-6 hours per week.
- RPL groups start on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Online training groups start quarterly on set dates.
- Registration closes seven days before the group start date.
- Preparation sessions are online (internet access and PC skills are essential).
- Payment plans are available for online learning. RPL fees are payable as a single payment.
(For classroom training dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see what is scheduled.)
What does the National Certificate in Real Estate (NQF 5) cover?
The qualification maintains a balance between theoretical and practical learning in order to build competency as a practicing principal agent. The qualification is scheduled as a series of skills programmes that cover the following broad areas:
- Real estate management.
- Business and marketing management.
- Human resources management.
- Financial management.
- Real Estate practice.
Our qualification covers all of the modules required to acquire the full qualification, so that you can write the Professional Designation Examination with the EAAB.
Who is the National Certificate in Real Estate (NQF 5) aimed at?
The online training option is designed for new or aspiring principals. It is also convenient for branch managers who do not want to travel to classes on a regular basis, due to distance or time out of the office. Ideally, you should already be employed in the real estate sector, as there are some practical assignments that require workplace evidence. However, this can be simulated with some additional creativity.
The RPL option is for existing full status principal agents. No interns can be enrolled on the RPL option.
How is the National Certificate in Real Estate (NQF 5) delivered?
The qualification is offered either by means of RPL (see RPL guide) or online learning (see online learning guide).
Online learning offers a blend of online lectures (the same number of hours as you would get in class), using the same notes and slides you would receive in class. In addition, you will be given access to additional resources, such as videos by subject matter experts, readings and third party videos.
RPL (for existing full status principal agents) involves no training or additional resources.
What is the accreditation status of the National Certificate in Real Estate (NQF 5)?
The qualification is accredited and certificated by SERVICES SETA. It is registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) as a 135 credit qualification at NQF 5 (SAQA ID 20188 – see www.saqa.org.za). Chartall Business College is accredited by the SERVICES SETA to train and assess the qualification.
What are the entry requirements for the National Certificate in Real Estate (NQF 5)?
What are the entry requirements for each of the National Certificate in Real Estate (NQF 5) delivery options?
To enrol for RPL, you:
- must be a full status principal agent (or have been a full status principal agent in the past, with extensive real estate management experience;
- will be required to complete a pre-RPL assessment in order to ensure readiness for RPL.
To enrol for online learning, you:
- must have completed the National FETC: Real Estate (NQF 4) and passed the EAAB’s Professional Designation Exam (PDE);
- should ideally be employed in a real estate agency supervisory position, as there are practical projects to complete;
- must have a PC or tablet (or smart phone, but this could be too small) with sufficient internet connectivity to download the online learning materials and view videos and online lectures.
Please see http://chartall.co.za/faqs-for-webinars/ for minimum computer specifications.
How is this qualification assessed?
Students are assessed using a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). Chartall Business College has set questions and assignments that are completed over the duration of the qualification in your own time. This portfolio will be assessed by a registered assessor and feedback will be provided.
What qualification will I be awarded and by whom?
Upon successful completion of all the assessments, students will be awarded the SERVICES SETA National Certificate in Real Estate (NQF 5).